As one of the leading music streaming service providers, Apple Music leaves its competitors behind and keeps introducing new features and surprises to its users. The team behind your app is commendable. Although Apple Music is a well-established app and has been tested by professional teams, there are still technical issues. And we can't get around the problem you keep reporting:Apple Music songs greyed out. This problem also seems to occur with iTunes. So why have I made such a claim that this is inevitable? Read on to find out!
- Part 1 Why Are Some Songs Grayed Out in Apple Music/iTunes?
- Part 2 How to Fix Faded Apple Music/iTunes Songs
- General fixes for faded iTunes/Apple Music songs
- Check the sync settings
- Download songs again
- Check the format of the songs
- 2 fixes for greyed out iTunes songs
- Check iTunes settings
- Authorize your computer again
- 2 fixes for greyed out Apple Music songs
- Update iOS to the latest version
- General fixes for faded iTunes/Apple Music songs
Part 1 Why Are Some Songs Grayed Out in Apple Music/iTunes?
The reason I say this problem is inevitable is the most common factor. In most cases, when Apple Music greyed out, songs become unavailable in Apple Music app. Regardless of copyright licenses or country restrictions, they cannot be reproduced and are grayed out. Besides the issue of unavailability, there are certainly other factors that affect it. So I will show you all with the following points.
1. Apple Music music is not available in the region.
2. Sync problem.
3. Some of your songs are in unsupported format or protected by DRM.
4. Music files are corrupted.
5. The original files are missing or removed by the original author.
All these issues that can lead to iTunes Music or Apple Music greyed out issues have been presented here. We've discovered the possible reasons, so it's time to match the remedy to the case. Let's begin!
Part 2 How to Fix Gray iTunes/Apple Music Songs
We all know that Apple Music is mainly on mobile phones and iTunes is the app for desktop users. It is obvious that the procedures and work steps are simply different. So I have divided the fixes into three types: Common fixes are the workable methods inbothApple Music and iTunes, the solutions foritunesSohnonlyavailable on the iTunes desktop and the fixes for Apple Music are offiPhone alone. Now just follow the general fixes. If they don't work, seek help with the classification your devices belong to.
Solution 1: Check sync settings (common)
The timing issue is one of the dependent factors that can lead to grayed out issues. On iPhone, you may need to check and enable sync settings in Apple Music. And if you deleted songs from iTunes library, they may be grayed out when syncing iTunes to iPhone. In this case you have to synchronize the library again. Here are the steps:
No Apple Music:OrIdeas>game music> callSync library.
no itunes:give clickEdit> selectpreferences> DialGenerally> Check the iCloud Music Library box.
If you accidentally deleted tracks, they may be greyed out. So you need to re-sync the library to fix the problem.
1. Remove Greyed Out Songs from iTunes.
2. Update iTunes library and playlists.
3. Connect your iPhone to your computer with a digital cable and simply sync your music library again.
Fix 2 downgraded songs (common)
If you encounter faded issues on your iPhone or iPad, an easy solution is to remove the faded songs and add them back to your music library. Check out the methods here:
No Apple Music:
1. Go toIdeason your iPhone and tapGenerally>Save on computer>Music.
2nd pressureMusic, then tapEditTaste.
3. Tap Nored iconto delete songs and then download them again.
1. Abraituneson your device, then navigate toiTunes-Shopthe above is as shown in the picture.
2. After that, tap on your account and find theboughtPossibility. All the songs you have purchased will be listed here.
3. Then select a greyed out song and just re-download it from iTunes.
Fix 3 Check song format (common)
If Apple Music songs greyed out and cannot be played, you may need to check the audio formats of the songs. they are likelyDRM protectedand this format prevents us from playing Apple music. To check this, open your iTunes music library and right click on the grayed out tracks. Select from the drop down menuget information>file>Artcheck over. Show yourself"Protected"next to the type, it means that the song is protected byDRMCopyright or unsupported format. If this is the case, the best way to fix faded Apple Music/iTunes songs is to remove the protective borders of the tracks to make them playable.
To remove restrictions from Apple Music songs, you need this tool:Tunelf audio converter. As an all-in-one converter, Tunelf Audio Converter aims to bring people convenience and satisfaction for unlimited audio file streaming. It can handle three main audio filesapple music, iTunes and Audible. Thanks to advanced and innovative technology, Tunelf can download DRM-free audio files and convert them to many popular audio formats such asMP3,FLAC, etc. Most important is the quality of the original music andTags ID3are preserved without loss. It's him30xConversion speed allows you to convert in batches. Here are the steps to convert Apple Music to popular target formats.
Key Features of Tunelf Audio Converter
- Convert Apple Music to MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC and other audio formats
- Remove DRM from Apple Music, iTunes audios and Audible audiobooks
- Preserve converted audio with lossless audio quality and ID3 tags
- Supports 30X faster audio format conversion in batches
Step 1Add iTunes/Apple Songs to Tunelf program
Before conversion, you need to register Tunelf Audio Converter first. So don't forget to download and install the iTunes app on your device. When you launch Tunelf, the iTunes application runs at the same time. You can browse your music library and select a song to import into the program by clicking the buttonadd filesSymbol.
step 2Configure audio output parameters
Now you can chooseMP3in the list of audio formats by clicking the buttonFormatbutton below. You can also set bit rate, sample rate, codec and channel here for better audio quality. After you have decided, click the button"ACCORDINGLY"button to return to the user interface.
step 3Download iTunes/Apple Music as local files
Now it's time to download Apple Music and save it on your PC. Click on thatConverterand Tunelf Audio Converter will save Apple Music/iTunes songs to your computer in required formats. The conversion speed is30xfaster, it will take scarce time to finish the conversion. Once done, you can put the converted audio files in the previously set save folder and share them for playback on any device or platform.
Fix 4 Check iTunes Preferences (iTunes)
There is an attitudeitunesThis can cause iTunes songs to be greyed out. If the specific setting is enabled, you may need to disable it to fix the issue. Just follow the simple steps below:
1. Open youriTunes libraryand navigate to the grayed out songs.
2.The right mouse buttonin the selected songs and you will find an option that sayschoice of choice.
3. Now turn off to see if the songs appear.
Fix 5 Reauthorize Your Computer (iTunes)
If iTunes still doesn't show up and plays songs normally, this step may be a last resort. You can try deauthorizing and reauthorizing your computer. Here I show you what you can do:
1. Open youritunesLibrary and clickSave on computerin the menu bar.
2. ChooseDeauthorize this computeroption from the drop-down menu and sign out of your iTunes account.
3. After that, restart your device and open iTunes library again and go toSave on computerand enableAuthorize this computerPossibility.
Fix 6 Apple ID Sair e entrar (Apple Music)
1. Open theIdeasApp on your iPhone, Mac or iPad.
2. ClickiTunes and App Storeand then tap your ID.
3. Then tapseparateTaste.
4. Wait a few seconds and sign in again with your Apple ID. And then the Apple Music sync will be updated.
Fix 7 Update iOS to Latest Version (Apple Music)
An iOS software update is required as the update fixes the bugs and crashes. Especially when it brings new features, the professional team will fix the bugs to bring you better user experience. When Apple Music songs greyed out on iPhone, iOS system update might be the most efficient way to fix the problem.
now go toIdeasand touchGenerallythen selectSoftware updateto see if a new version of iOS is available. If yes, just tap on itDownload and installand follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
OneiTunes/Apple Music songs greyed outproblem, we have illustrated 7 fixes above that you can check. Remember to backup your playlists before applying the methods in case of any unnecessary loss. And to save your efforts and get better user experience, we recommend you download itTunelf audio converterHelp.
Get the product now:
Get the product now: